Episode 93 of The J.R. Hoeft Show welcomes Dr. Alice Louise Kassens.
Dr. Kassens is a professor of economics at Roanoke College, as well as a senior analyst at the Institute for Policy and Opinion Research. She is also an advisor to the governor.
Dr. Kassens gives us a rundown of the current economic situation in Virginia, including consumer sentiment. Not surprisingly, depending on what side of the political spectrum one sits, one’s optimism/sentiment is considerably influenced. That said, there are trends to be seen.
We also talk about the recent hiring struggles, how society is changing because of the pandemic, the national debt and government spending.
However, to conclude our conversation, we dive into her new book “Intemperate Spirits”, which is about Prohibition.
Learn more about:
- Alice Louise Kassens
- Intemperate Spirits: Economic Adaptation during Prohibition
- Roanoke College Poll: Va. Consumer Sentiment and Inflation Expectations Report
Subscribe to the show!
Listening to a Podcast:
1) Click the player and listen to it via your device
2) Go to Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, Spotify, or Stitcher – Subscribe to the podcast to automatically download new shows to your device when they are uploaded.
3) Added tip: Connect your device via Bluetooth, USB, or even 3.5mm to your car radio, select the aux or media input on your radio for your device, and press play on your device for the show either on the post or through Apple Podcast/Google Play/TuneIn/Stitcher.
Watch the podcast on YouTube: