Dr. Stephen Farnsworth – Virginia’s 2021 Election
Dr. Stephen Farnsworth is an award-winning professor of political science for the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, Va. His focus area is American Government: The Presidency, Media and Politics, Elections. He joins the podcast today to discuss the results of the 2021 Virginia Election.
On the show we talk about single-party voting, demographic trends, the role of the presidency on state elections, issues that mattered to voters, whether prejudice motivated the electorate, campaign spending, and more.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
- Dr. Stephen Farnsworth
- Progressives Cry ‘Racism’ to Excuse Democratic Losses in Virginia
- VPAP: 2021 Election Results
- AP VoteCast: Youngkin win built by small gains in key groups
“Thirty-five percent of Virginia voters said the economy and jobs was the most important issue facing the state, while 17% named COVID-19 and 15% chose education. Health care, climate change, racism, immigration, abortion and law enforcement were all lower. Voters who ranked the economy and education as the top issues were more likely to back Youngkin over McAuliffe.”
Subscribe to the show!
If you liked this podcast, please support it by subscribing either on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify TuneIn, or Stitcher– and please leave a review. It helps!
Listening to a Podcast:
1) Click the player and listen to it via your device
2) Go to Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify TuneIn, or Stitcher– Subscribe to the podcast to automatically download new shows to your device when they are uploaded.
3) Added tip: Connect your device via Bluetooth, USB, or even 3.5mm to your car radio, select the aux or media input on your radio for your device, and press play on your device for the show either on the post or through Apple Podcast/Google Play/Spotify/TuneIn/Stitcher.
Watch the podcast on YouTube: