Tim Phillips is the president of Americans for Prosperity, a grassroots organization that aspires to help Americans live the American Dream. Their goal is to give individual Americans the chance to have their voice heard by their elected officials – and they have done so for at least 3.5 million Americans and counting.
Tim talks about our national appetite for spending, including the recently passed infrastructure bill and mammoth $3.5T spending bill currently undergoing reconciliation. He also explains why the national debt is a very real problem, why fiscal policy matters, why partisanship shouldn’t matter when it comes to national and state spending, and what he’s learned about himself and America as he has traveled the country for nearly two decades. He also reveals which ice cream is truly the best and why!
Learn more about:
- Tim Phillips (and follow him on Facebook)
- Americans for Prosperity
- H.R.3684 – Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
- $3.5 Trillion Budget Framework (NPR)
- Democrats race to resolve House-Senate disputes on $3.5T megabill (Politico)
Subscribe to the show!
Listening to a Podcast:
1) Click the player and listen to it via your device
2) Go to Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, Spotify, or Stitcher – Subscribe to the podcast to automatically download new shows to your device when they are uploaded.
3) Added tip: Connect your device via Bluetooth, USB, or even 3.5mm to your car radio, select the aux or media input on your radio for your device, and press play on your device for the show either on the post or through Apple Podcast/Google Play/TuneIn/Stitcher.
Watch the podcast on YouTube: