Episode 88 of the podcast is a timely update from Nick McGee, a member of the public affairs team for the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), brings us up to speed on the progress the biopharmaceutical industry is making towards treatments and a vaccine for COVID-19.
Norm Leahy, columnist with The Washington Post, and I discuss in “Shouting Along the James”, Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax’ impending announcement to run for governor and what this Independence Day means to us in the era of COVID-19.
- Video: Biopharmaceutical Innovation Fighting COVID-19
- PhRMA at Home: A collection of videos from sessions with experts from PhRMA commenting on various aspects of ongoing PhRMA member company efforts to support the detection, prevention and treatment of the coronavirus outbreak.
- Register for the Virtual Event Series: COVID-19 Bending the Curve Virtual hosted by McClatchy and presented by PhRMA
- Blog: New report shows nearly 260 vaccines in development, including dozens for COVID-19
- Coronavirus Landing Page with the latest updates and resources: https://phrma.org/
- The Medicine Assistance Tool (MAT), a search engine developed by PhRMA to help patients, caregivers and health care providers learn more about the resources and assistance programs available through the various biopharmaceutical industry programs
Subscribe to the show!
Listening to a Podcast:
1) Click the player and listen to it via your device
2) Go to Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, Spotify, or Stitcher – Subscribe to the podcast to automatically download new shows to your device when they are uploaded.
3) Added tip: Connect your device via Bluetooth, USB, or even 3.5mm to your car radio, select the aux or media input on your radio for your device, and press play on your device for the show either on the post or through Apple Podcast/Google Play/TuneIn/Stitcher.