This week’s guest is Tina Ramirez, a candidate seeking the GOP nod in Virginia’s 7th Congressional District and hoping to defeat first-term Congresswoman, Abigail Spanberger.
Ramirez, whose work promotes religious freedom throughout the world, was born and raised in the 7th and worked in Washington for the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom and as a foreign policy advisor for various members of the U.S. Congress. She helped start and direct the bi-partisan Congressional International Religious Freedom Caucus.
On the show we talk about her passion for religious freedom, why she is running for Congress, and why she believes she the best person in a crowded GOP field to defeat the incumbent.
Norm Leahy and I talk about the scourge facing Virginia farmers – potato theft; the latest Roanoke College Institute for Policy and Opinion Research Poll that shows a dreary outlook for the GOP this fall, however, even Sen. Mark Warner’s numbers show some vulnerability; and former Democratic Party of Virginia chairman, Paul Goldman, throwing his hat in the ring for lieutenant governor in 2021.
Read Norm’s column this week, which also covers some of these topics.
- Tina Ramirez – U.S. Congress
- Roanoke College Poll: Opinions of Virginians on politics in May 2020
- ’Our potatoes are fine’: Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam responds to President Trump’s criticism (WSLS 10-Roanoke)
Subscribe to the show!
Listening to a Podcast:
1) Click the player and listen to it via your device
2) Go to Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, Spotify, or Stitcher.
– Subscribe to the podcast to automatically download new shows to your device when they are uploaded.
3) Added tip: Connect your device via Bluetooth, USB, or even 3.5mm to your car radio, select the aux or media input on your radio for your device, and press play on your device for the show either on the post or through Apple