Del. Rob Bell (R-58) joins the podcast to recap the 2019 General Assembly session. Bell represents Greene, Fluvanna, Albamarle, and Rockingham Counties.
Despite all the noise that came along with scandals plaguing Gov. Ralph Northam, Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax, and Atty. Gen. Mark Herring, a good bit of excellent governing was accomplished this session.
Specifically, we discuss:
- His role on the Courts of Justice committee, and where hearings on Lt. Gov. Fairfax currently stand
- The responsibility of a legislator regarding race relations and if he feels any sense of obligation to lead those discussions given Charlottesville’s recent history
- The redistricting amendment
- Tax conformity and the budget
- The “fingerprinting” bill
- Combatting sex trafficking where an automobile is used to promote prostitution
Additionally, we look at what the GOP needs to do to make its case to expand their narrow majority in the House this election.
Finally, perhaps the most important question, is Gonzaga really the best team in NCAA basketball or will the eventual champion emerge from the ACC or the Big 10?
Subscribe to the show!
Listening to a Podcast:
1) Click the player and listen to it via your device
2) Go to Apple Podcast, Google Play or Google Podcasts, TuneIn or Stitcher.
– Subscribe to the podcast to automatically download new shows to your device when they are uploaded. (How to from Apple Podcast, Google Play, TuneIn and from Stitcher)
3) Added tip: Connect your device via Bluetooth, USB, or even 3.5mm to your car radio, select the aux or media input on your radio for your device, and press play on your device for the show either on the post or through Apple Podcast/Google Play/TuneIn/Stitcher.