Three new polls were just released by the Center for Leadership and Media Studies at the University of Mary Washington. Joining the podcast is its director, Dr. Stephen Farnsworth, to help explain what they mean.
Here are just a few of the other topics discussed:
– The rise of current political angst
– The Gingrich Revolution
– Ross Perot and Third Party Politics
– The 90’s Economy and Great Recession
– GOP Donors
– Has President Trump written off Virginia?
– What role does political optimism play in a candidate’s popularity?
– Is Congressman Rob Wittman in danger of losing his seat?
– Are “all politics is local” and “it’s the economy, stupid” valid axioms?
– The current challenges of being an incumbent Republican
– The popularity of Medicaid Expansion and why the GOP went along with doing it in Virginia
– The current media landscape, including consolidation and unionization at The Daily Press and Virginian-Pilot
Listen on Stitcher:
Subscribe to the show!
Listening to a Podcast:
1) Click the player and listen to it via your device
2) Go to Apple Podcast, Google Play or Google Podcasts, TuneIn or Stitcher.
– Subscribe to the podcast to automatically download new shows to your device when they are uploaded. (How to from Apple Podcast, Google Play, TuneIn and from Stitcher)
3) Added tip: Connect your device via Bluetooth, USB, or even 3.5mm to your car radio, select the aux or media input on your radio for your device, and press play on your device for the show either on the post or through Apple Podcast/Google Play/TuneIn/Stitcher.
On the Server (please allow a few moments for buffering):