Chuck Smith says “not so fast” on the selection of Jack Wilson as next chairman of the Republican Party of Virginia. While Smith acknowledges that Wilson has secured 52 public endorsements from the GOP’s state central committee members, he thinks he can convince many of them that he is the best man for the job before they gather to vote Sept. 8.
Smith feels his leadership and life experiences make him far more qualified for the job – and he is unequivocal in his view that Republican elected officials must be held accountable for not following the Republican Creed.
Smith makes his case that the party has a chance to make a positive change that will lead to wins and not continuing electoral failure.
The party is electing a chairman to serve until the next regular election of party chairman in 2020.
Listen On Stitcher:
In this podcast, we discuss:
– His background
– Service in the USMC and as a Navy Judge Advocate (JAG)
– What drew him to politics and becoming a conservative
– How he became involved in the GOP
– What were the highlights from his time serving as chairman of the Virginia Beach Republican Party
– What he’s learned from his experiences within the party that will help him lead the party
– His lessons learned from running for Congress against Rep. Bobby Scott
– What is the role of the party chairman?
– Does the party have a role in censuring or censoring its candidates?
– How does the party reach out to women, the scientific community, LGBT, educators, union workers, minorities when the general perception is that it is hostile to those groups?
– What does a big tent look like?
– How he is far from a “token” black leader within the GOP and how he should be elected to this post based on his merit and qualifications
– Fundraising and Organization
– What gives him hope
Links of note:
Subscribe to the show!
Listening to a Podcast:
1) Click the player and listen to it via your device
2) Go to Apple Podcast, Google Play or Google Podcasts, TuneIn or Stitcher.
– Subscribe to the podcast to automatically download new shows to your device when they are uploaded. (How to from Apple Podcast, Google Play, TuneIn and from Stitcher)
3) Added tip: Connect your device via Bluetooth, USB, or even 3.5mm to your car radio, select the aux or media input on your radio for your device, and press play on your device for the show either on the post or through Apple Podcast/Google Play/TuneIn/Stitcher.
Listen to his opponent, Jack Wilson:
On the Server (please allow a few moments for buffering):