“Government has a role to play, but it’s a limited one”
Del. Nick Freitas, R-Culpeper, a two-term, liberty-minded Army veteran stops by the show to talk about his background, views on government, frustrations with the federal government and why he is running for Senate.
We also discuss the state of the campaign, why he’s the candidate to choose, how he beats Senator Tim Kaine this fall and convinces those who have not been voting Republican to support his campaign. He also refutes the accusations that his speech recently “gone viral” from the House floor was racially insensitive and how he will outreach to the African American community during the course of the campaign.
- Other points discussed:
- His view on offshore energy and pipelines – and the use of eminent domain and the balance to support our strategic security interests.
- His path to becoming a Virginian and fascination with American history
“Virginia has a special place in the history of this country and when you feel a connection to that history, and you’re adamant about preserving it and preserving the fundamental principles that make our country possible Virginia is just a wonderful place to be.”
- He explains his fundamental, liberty-based approach to government and how it matches his faith as a Christian.
- Why the Senate? Explains his frustrations with the federal government, regulations, and overreach.
“Show me in Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution where the federal government has the authority to do what you’re telling me they’re doing?”
We also talk about the state of the nomination contest, including this recent poll from the Wason Center for Public Policy at Christopher Newport University.
To find out more about Freitas’ Senate campaign, visit his campaign website.
Listening to a Podcast:
1) Click the player and listen to it via your device
2) Go to iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn or Stitcher – and please leave a review. and subscribe to the podcast to automatically download new shows to your device when they are uploaded. Listen to the shows through your iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn or Stitcher app. (How to from iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn and from Stitcher)
3) Added tip: Connect your device via Bluetooth or USB to your car radio, select the aux or media input on your radio for your device, and press play on your device for the show either on the post or through iTunes/Google Play/Stitcher.