In this episode, Mary Jones, a Republican candidate for Congress in Virginia’s 2nd Congressional District, joins J.R. to talk about her background and candidacy. Jones is challenging freshman Congressman Scott Taylor for the nomination.
She is a two-term member of the James City County Board of Supervisors where she served as chairman. She talks about some of her experiences and achievements, including being the lone voice to change how I-64 expansion through the peninsula was planned and how she regularly opposed tax increases.
Also on the podcast, she details why she is challenging Taylor and it pretty much boils down to one reason: She feels Taylor does not support President Trump. Republicans, she says, despite being in the majority in Congress, are unable to get major legislation enacted that was promised during the last campaign and she explains why she holds Taylor accountable. She feels Taylor is not being a strong advocate for conservatives or the district.
Jones also describes the top issues motivating her to run for office, including the repeal of Obamacare, immigration reform, the economy, jobs, and taxes, and national defense.
Links of Note:
- Mary Jones for Congress
- Trump supporter from James City County challenging Rep. Scott Taylor in 2018 election
- James City County raises tax rate
Listening to a Podcast:
1) Click the player above and listen to it via your device
2) Go to iTunes or Stitcher and subscribe to the podcast to automatically download new shows to your device when they are uploaded. Listen to the shows through your iTunes or Stitcher app. (How to from iTunes and from Stitcher)
3) Added tip: Connect your device via Bluetooth or USB to your car radio, select the aux or media input on your radio for your device, and press play on your device for the show either on the post or through iTunes/Stitcher.